Are you looking to spend a few hours outside each week away from campus and academics? Want to get paid at the same time? Apply to join the Arboretum Trail Crew this fall!
The Arboretum Trail Crew provides general maintenance and care of the Lillian Anderson Arboretum (the Arb). The Arb is a 140-acre natural area with 5 miles of trails that is open to the campus community and public. It is located 5 miles west of campus, about a 10-15 minute drive. Trail Crews carpool to the Arb in a campus rental vehicle. Assess to a personal car is not required.
Trail Crew shifts often involve:
- Trail maintenance including trimming overgrown plants and trees, removal of fallen trees
- Proper invasive species management
- Keeping trails and parking lot clean
- Provide feedback to Arboretum staff about trail conditions
- Work with Arboretum staff for seasonal special projects
We are looking for someone who:
…is excited to spend time outside at the Arb each week
…is interested to learn about trail maintenance techniques, plants and interacting with visitors
…will work in a small team with 2-3 students
…is available for scheduled shifts