The Arboretum Trail Crew position involves general maintenance and care of the Lillian Anderson Arboretum. Students employees have a strong desire to combine the goals of preserving the natural landscape at the Arboretum with offering recreational opportunities.
- Trail maintenance including trimming back overgrown plants and trees, removal of fallen trees
- Proper invasive species removal
- Keeping trails and parking lot clean
- Provide feedback to Arboretum Director about trail conditions and general arboretum information
- Work with Director for seasonal special projects
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Strong desire to learn about the flora & fauna of the Arboretum
- Willing to work outside on the Arboretum property during shifts
- Willing to be hands-on with trail maintenance and projects
- Work with 2-3 other students on Arboretum projects
- Hours per week: 3-6, 3 hour increments
Applicants must live locally – this is an in person position. Preference will be given to Work Study students and first-year/sophomore/junior students.
To apply, you must have at least one of the following time ranges available:
- Tuesday, 8:30am-11:30am
- Wednesday, 8:30am-11:30am
- Thursday, 1-4pm
Sorry. This form is no longer available.